Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm a new poster to the blog, so I think I should start with a short explanation.

Anthony has helped stir some discussion about the environmental impact of conferences on the Society for Ethnomusicology Email list. His most recent post got me thinking about what will be my first conference this summer, the Association of Canadian Archivists conference in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Coming from Halifax, Nova Scotia, the conference is not extraordinarily far for me, which is a big part of why I'm going, but there will be participants coming from all over. The conference, which runs from June 11-14th, is preceded by two days of workshops, tours, and other events (which I will not be attending).

Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to the trip, and I'll be blogging about the environmental impact of the conference, efforts made to reduce that impact, our trip there, and the general impact conferences like this have on the environment.

Thanks Anthony, for setting this up!

No comments: